• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Warpath Confidential: The Battle at Backup – Receivers

BGO

By John PappasWarpath Confidential EditorToday we look at receivers.* There are two positions in play for receivers; the number two and five slots.**Receivers have been a story line since the day before camp when Coach Zorn implied that Antwaan Randle El’s number two position is open for competition.* “He’s easily our third receiver,” said Zorn, [...]

More...

I'm really rooting for Hagan's who I think is underrated and has the skills to be an eventual #2 WR if given the opportunity. Of course, I'm also pulling for him because he was a Cavalier...but he's got talent and a great work ethic. I think it's great they brought Hackett today, but barring injury the 5th receiver is almost surely going to be one of these two.

Hackett given his WC0 experience with Zorn has to work himself out of a job IMO. This I think puts Mitchell on course for the PS.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Traditionally the 5th spot has been for a guy who is a stud on special teams and that just doesn't sound like Hackett to me. The only way I see him making this team is if Zorn and Hixon are concerned about injuries in the first 4, something that has to be a consideration after the year both the 2nd year guys had last season and the nicks they are both already getting in camp.

I'm with you in your hope for Hagans, Boone. Be great to see a Hoo make it.

Any word on the performance, overall, of Marko Mitchell?

have to agree with neophyte about hackett. i remember dj from my days in colorado - he was a solid receiver for CU, but he's quiet and just doesn't fit the profile as that 5th receiver/ special teams standout.
Posted via BGO Mobile Device

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.