• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Google alert

Sisyphus

The Rookie
Reaction score
When I tried to connect this morning, Google spat the following warning out ...

The website at www.bgobsession.com contains elements from the site bin.clearspring.com, which appears to host malware – software that can hurt your computer or otherwise operate without your consent. Just visiting a site that contains malware can infect your computer.

Thanks Sisyphus - first we're hearing of it and we'll check into it.

I got the same alert using Chrome a little while ago but I didn't get it using Firefox so I figured it to be a probable browser issue and didn't post about it. I don't know if that relates to Sisyphus' experience but I thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks guys - we're on it. Doubt there's much to worry about but we will investigate.

The only people affected by this will be those using Google Chrome to browse BGO.

Here's the Google Safe Browsing Diagnostic page (full text below) for the site that pops up as a possible source of malware.

We're sending a report of it to our host company as a precaution, but it does not appear that there is any danger to your PC by accessing BGO. The "advisory page" that comes up the first time you access BGO in Chrome is a pain in the butt though, and like you we don't want our computers to melt down into puddles of plastic goo, so we'll make sure the issue gets addressed in full asap.

Safe Browsing

Diagnostic page for bin.clearspring.com

What is the current listing status for bin.clearspring.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 1 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 1 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 1 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-07-31, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-07-31.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including wenmo.in/.

1 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including semaniseme.com/.

This site was hosted on 35 network(s) including AS20940 (AKAMAI), AS1299 (TELIANET), AS7843 (ADELPHIA).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, bin.clearspring.com did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.

If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.