• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Craigslist to make 36 Milllllllllion dollars this year....

Lanky Livingston

...on their "Adult Services" postings ALONE.

BGObsession.com > DISTRACTIONS > Adult Services

THINK ABOUT THE POSSIBILITIES!! ;)

I heard this on the radio, so I don't have a link. Last year apparently they donated it all to charity, but this year they are going to keep the money.

Here ya go Lanky.

The Advanced Interactive Media (AIM) Group is out with their annual report on Craigslist and estimates that the classified listing site will generate $122 million in revenue in 2010.

More than half of that revenue comes from recruitment advertising, but 30% of it comes from Craigslist’s adult services ads. By the AIM Group’s estimation, Craigslist’s adult services — formerly known as “erotic services” — will funnel in more than $36 million in revenue for 2010.

The Classified Intelligence Report also finds that Craigslist stands to take home anywhere from $88 to $99 million in profit, which means the company could see nearly 80% of revenue as profits. Plus, AIM Group founder Peter M. Zollman purports that, “Per employee, it generates more than $4 million in revenue and profits of $2.9 million to $3.2 million.”

You may recall that in May of 2009 Craigslist responded to media and user outrage over its erotic services section, which came under fire for its role for facilitating criminal activity. The listings, which have been thenceforth referred to as adult services, include moderation and charge clients $10 per post, with proceeds no longer going directly to charity.

If the AIM Group’s calculations are correct, last year’s decision is proving to be a lucrative one for the classifieds site.

http://mashable.com/2010/04/26/craigslist-revenue/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+Mashable+(Mashable)

I'm wondering if there is anyone anywhere even the tiniest bit surprised by this?

My neighbor is a Special Agent with VA State Police. A year ago he was telling me different agencies were using Craigslist to bust prostitutes. The ads aren't illegal, since no money discussed. Guess they could be a little more, lets say original, cause normally ads talk about number or roses or pieces of candy for half hour or hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.