• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Washington Capitals Beardathon

Lanky Livingston

Okay, so if you didn't know already, the "playoff beard" is a strong tradition in hockey. The Capitals have decided to take advantage of this, and sponsor a beardathon to raise money for Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena. From the website:

Washington Capitals Charities will be donating all proceeds from the 2010 Beard-a-thon to Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena. Fort Dupont is the only public indoor ice arena located in Washington, D.C., and the only skating facility in the area that provides free or subsidized skating programs to children. Its Kids On Ice program provides free figure skating, hockey and speed skating lessons to economically disadvantaged children who might not otherwise have the opportunity to learn these sports. Friends of Fort Dupont Ice Arena partners with public and private schools, summer camps, churches and local community organizations to promote and deliver its programs to more than 10,000 children per year.

If you like that cause, or just want to make a tax-deductible donation and think growing a playoff beard is cool, then I'd love for you to pledge on my beard! You can also pledge on any Capitals player.

Here is the link to my page:
https://www.beardathon.com/capitals/jaimiegraham77/profile.aspx

Thanks, and go Caps!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.