PDA

View Full Version : RIP Bubba9497

DieselPwr44
04-11-10, 01:29 PM
If you haven't heard, we lost a great Redskins fan in Bubba9497 this week.

I know alot of former ES'ers are here and thought I'd pass the news along.

RIP to our good friend.

Sarge
04-11-10, 01:33 PM
Nooooooooooooooo

What happened?

He was an old time ES'er that I enjoyed chatting with

That sucks

My prayers go out to his family

Sarge
04-11-10, 01:44 PM
I knew he was close to my age

I turn 45 Tuesday

Damn

Boone
04-11-10, 01:47 PM
Very sad. Bubba was always kind of a mystery - in fact despite being a key player on ES from nearly the beginning, none of the staff ever met him. He lived 15 minutes from one of our staff in Roanoke and still they never met.

A great guy and a great Redskins fan. Sympathies to his family and loved ones. 45 years old is far far too soon. RIP Bubba.

Burgundy Burner
04-11-10, 01:58 PM
I wrote this a few minutes ago at ES...

Farewell Bubba - your name will live on here. We will never forget you. We admired your dedication and hard work. We enjoyed your sense of humor. We had fun watching you torment the opposition. We were awestruck at the number of hours you put in.

We cheered when you cheered. We laughed when you laughed. We were frustrated when you were frustrated. We were happy when you were happy. You taught us what it truly meant to be a fan.

You were indeed, The King Of All Media. But most of all, you have been and always will be, our friend.

God Bless You Bubba.

Boone
04-11-10, 02:00 PM
Nicely said BB. We've posted a little memorial on our homepage. He accomplished what we all hope to in this world, to be missed when we're gone. :cheers:

Goaldeje
04-11-10, 02:00 PM
Terrible news. Terrible. RIP, my friend.

The Burgundy Ghost
04-11-10, 02:06 PM
Oh man,
Bubba was one of the highlights of ES both past and present.
He will be deeply missed by both the ES and the BGO community.

Blondie
04-11-10, 02:09 PM
OH MY.

Bubba would send me little messages all the time.

I am so saddened by this news.

Lanky Livingston
04-11-10, 02:44 PM
Wow...RIP bubba. Sad news indeed. :(

chrisavery72
04-11-10, 04:42 PM
The King Of Media...

RIP Redskins brother.

Pravda
04-11-10, 05:17 PM
Really sad news--

Always enjoyed bubba's sense of humor, but never felt like I really go to know him all that well.

He was an absolutely amazing news hound--really unmatched. I have no idea how he was able to do what he did. Pretty amazing talent.

Rest in peace bubba.

Blackjack
04-11-10, 06:36 PM
RIP

Here's the obituary

EDIT: link has been removed by request. Please note that we do not censor lightly here, but are making an exception in this instance per our best judgment. Thanks for your understanding.

- Om

Sarge
04-11-10, 07:21 PM
Really sad news--

Always enjoyed bubba's sense of humor, but never felt like I really go to know him all that well.

He was an absolutely amazing news hound--really unmatched. I have no idea how he was able to do what he did. Pretty amazing talent.

Rest in peace bubba.

He always joked that it was his way of padding his post count:) :(

Henry
04-11-10, 07:58 PM
So shocking and so sad. Bubba's one of those people that's not supposed to ever die.

I guess in a way he never will because what Redskins fan with a computer doesn't know him?

I'm pretty much at a loss for words on this one. :(

Now if you all will excuse me I'm gonna go hug my kids.

Lanky Livingston
04-11-10, 09:55 PM
I'm sitting here thinking about how Bubba never posted a pic of himself (that I recall), so for the longest time I just pictured him as Joe Bugel (his long-time avatar). Wild.

the Omniscient
04-11-10, 10:40 PM
Funny you should say that Lanky, because that is how I remember him. Joe Bubba Bugel.

McD5
04-12-10, 01:18 AM
Very sad news. He will be missed.

RIP Bubba.

Mark The Homer
04-12-10, 08:33 AM
By broadcasting his obit, which includes his real name, you're violating the privacy which Bubba went to great lengths to protect for the eight years he was online.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Extremeskins_Mourns_Loss_of_Friend__111837.jsp

China
04-12-10, 09:29 AM
Wow. RIP Bubba.

Sad. He was far too young.

riggins44
04-12-10, 10:14 AM
This is sad news. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. He will be missed, especially at ES. He was a fixture and leader there.

Om
04-12-10, 11:02 AM
By broadcasting his obit, which includes his real name, you're violating the privacy which Bubba went to great lengths to protect for the eight years he was online.

http://www.redskins.com/gen/articles/Extremeskins_Mourns_Loss_of_Friend__111837.jsp
We are not insensitive to the issue, and per private request have taken the link down.

Hog Fever
04-12-10, 11:33 AM
Sad news.

I think most of us felt a kinship to the guy, even though very few of us if any actually “knew” him. I wish his family peace. He’ll be missed.

Sarge
04-12-10, 12:07 PM

I don't know Mark, I can see both sides. Yeah he, like almost eveyone, kept his real identity hidden. But on the other hand, if say, 10,000 ES'ers signed that condolance book that was online, maybe it would give some comfort to the family. I'm sure that if his wife is like most other wives, he's caught hell in the past for "Spending too much time on that damn site", especially with the amount he posted. Maybe it would help her realize what a positive impact he had on the lives of others.

Just a thought

I still can't believe the guy is gone:frown2:

BigRedskinDaddy
04-13-10, 09:59 PM
I'm sitting here thinking about how Bubba never posted a pic of himself (that I recall), so for the longest time I just pictured him as Joe Bugel (his long-time avatar). Wild.

Lanky, if you go to the Read Me ES thread there's a pic of Bubba from Show Yourselves II. He looks about the way I pictured him I guess.

RIP Redskins brother.

EatSleepRedskin
04-13-10, 11:06 PM
Very sad news.

Some message board posters impress you with wit, some with humor, others ... well, Bubba was one who impressed with his dedication.

And yeah, I always thought about him as Buges as well. Funny, that.

HapHaszard
04-18-10, 11:21 AM

Actually Bubba did post a picture of himself, I think KingGibbs found it, it is shown again in post #597 in the memorial thread in the Stadium of Extremeskins Stadium.