• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

rothlesberger

It's good to be a millionaire :)

All I can say is that I hope Rapistburger gets punishment from the Steelers and/or the NFL, even though the authorities apparently aren't going to charge him. What a joke.

He needs a keeper.

Barring that, Pittsburgh just fired a shot across his bow by trading Santonio Holmes to the Jets for basically nothing.

Wake up Ben, or you might find yourself in Houston

Sometimes we just don't know what we got ....untill we don't have it anymore.

I really like Jeffri Chadiha's article on ESPN http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=chadiha_jeffri&id=5079124

Santonio Holmes was a scapegoat and if the league or the Steelers don't come up with anything more than a one game suspension, accusations of racism and favoritism will cause things to get ugly. Goodell would then have to explain his treatment of guys like Pacman Jones and even Larry Johnson vs. the treatment of Roethlisberger. I'm pretty sure an example is gonna be made, and probably SHOULD be made, in this case.

Ahhh the race card.

Only a matter of time

While I think someone needs to go upside Rapistburgers head with a 2X4, I submit that there is a difference between a 2 time Super Bowl winning QB and a first year player with a questionable track record

Race card? I think the "QB card" might be a bigger deal in the NFL. Notice the Steelers ditched Holmes first, not Rothlesburger and I don't think it has anything do with Ben being white.

Race card? I think the "QB card" might be a bigger deal in the NFL. Notice the Steelers ditched Holmes first, not Rothlesburger and I don't think it has anything do with Ben being white.

Chadiha's article brought up the subject that people might start saying that they got rid of Holmes (a black guy) for minor stuff and yet still have Big Ben (a white guy) around for more serious offenses. But maybe I'm being dense:)

Chadiha's article brought up the subject that people might start saying that they got rid of Holmes (a black guy) for minor stuff and yet still have Big Ben (a white guy) around for more serious offenses. But maybe I'm being dense:)

No Sarge, you aren't dense. I think Chadiha is. In today's NFL, there is a world of difference between trading away a receiver (even one as good as Holmes) and trading away a franchise QB who has two Lombardi's to his name. The color of the man's skin makes no difference at all and anyone who thinks it does is blind or looking for a reason to claim racism.

The Steelers have Ward and Wallace on the roster already, both of whom had good years last year. They brought back utility receiver ARE and even though we Skins fans were not impressed with him as a #2, he makes a solid #3, especially out of the slot. They have picked up Arnaz Battle in FA and have shown interest in Dez White.

Now ask who is backing up Roethlisburger? The current answer is Charlie Batch and Dennis Dixon. The former is 35 and long past being a starter in this league week in and week out. The later is a 3rd year pro who played ok last year when Ben was out with an injury but he didn't set the world on fire and could not beat Baltimore, a team Ben seems to own and one they have to play twice a year.

So ask yourself, which one of these guys was more expendable to the Steelers on the field? I think the answer is obvious and that it has nothing to do with the color of anyone's skin.

PS - this is not a comment on the severity of the crimes of these two men and should not be taken as support for one over the other. I am commenting only on the idea that racism had anything to do with what was to me a pure football decision.

Oh, I agree completely. Between the two, there is no choice. I was only going by what dude put in his article

They also need to know that people will apply some racial implications to this story. If they go soft on Roethlisberger, it will appear the organization dumped the black guy with issues while the white guy got a slap on the wrist for his mistakes.

But I'll bet if there's one more "bimbo incident" Big Ben will find himself out as well

Speaking of dense, I saw this mock today

http://zennie2005.blogspot.com/2010/04/nfl-draft-2010-mock-draft-redskins-and.html

boy if we draft another TE in this draft and then a center .......what is this guy thinking ....Shanahan and Allen are way ahead of this ....I hope.

If the Skins get two first round picks, like in the Mock draft listed above I doubt we will use one pick on TE (the only position that we actually already have depth in) and then while we need O-Line help we actually have an above average Center already on the roster.

Let's say the 49ers do trade us the 13th and 17th overall pick for our 4th overall pick, then I say we would pick up the free safety Earl Thomas and then the best LT left to us at #17. At 17 I would take a chance on Anthony Davis. If all the top rated LT are gone then we could trade down again and pick up a LT with our next pick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.