• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Who Gets Cut.....Prior to Camp?

The Burgundy Ghost

The Starter
Reaction score
Military Branch
Navy
Alma Mater
Salisbury
With the signing of Jarmon, the Skins not only have three players to sign, but three players to cut to open roster spots as Orakpo, Barnes and Jarmon sign.

So who gets cut?

Will there be any surprise cuts (like a veteran/unexpected)?

Do you think there will be any significant impact by said cuts (I expect no to be the answer)?

Discuss

I would imagine if he performs better or has better promise than Jackson or Buzbee either one could be let go.

If the team keeps 6 DE's...Daniels, Carter, Wynn, Wilson (Jarmon,Buzbee,Jackson) those 3 will probably battle for the last 2 spots.

I'm also assuming that Orakpo is classified on the Depth Chart as a LB.

I would imagine if he performs better or has better promise than Jackson or Buzbee either one could be let go.

If the team keeps 6 DE's...Daniels, Carter, Wynn, Wilson (Jarmon,Buzbee,Jackson) those 3 will probably battle for the last 2 spots.

I'm also assuming that Orakpo is classified on the Depth Chart as a LB.

I could be wrong but I don't necessarily see Orakpo being classified as a LB although perhaps Wilson might be. I think we may only keep 5 DE's because LB's are so valuable on Special Teams. That puts Wynn, Buzbee, Jackson and Wilson all on the bubble.

Wilson has been converted to LB but he's listed as a LB/DE, so he makes the team probably as a LB. Orakpo I suppose is in the same position.
I guess the big question is how many DL, LB and DBs do the Redskins plan on keeping?

If it's balanced (ie. 25 O, 25 D and 3 ST[LS, P, K]) then my guess would be 9 DL, 7 LBs, and 9 DBs.

I'd assume the following are guaranteed: Carter, Haynesworth, Griffin, Golston, Montgomery, Jarmon. If Orakpo and Wilson count as LBs then Jackson, Alexander, Buzbee, Daniels and Wynn and a few rookies and UFAs will be battling for 3 spots.

Skimming through the roster, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Skins release an extra DE and maybe an O-lineman since there are a lot of OLs coming into camp.

God love his effort but I really don't see Alex Buzbee as a player that has a realistic chance of making the final roster. There is simply too much better talent now on the DL. Lorenzo Alexander also might have a difficult time, although, I would expect him to make it through to the final round of cuts.

I'd be very suprised if Phillip Daniels is not on this team in September. The man is old now, but he's terrifyingly strong. I was convinced that he was going to play a large roll last year at the LDE spot, and losing him contributed strongly to being run on (i.e. 2nd Dallas game). There aren't many TE's that are going to put Daniels on his butt.

Wynn, Buzbee, and Jackson have the odds stacked against them, but Jackson probably gets put on the PS.

With the signing of Jarmon, the Skins not only have three players to sign, but three players to cut to open roster spots as Orakpo, Barnes and Jarmon sign.

So who gets cut?

I'm feeling like defensive end Derek Walker and wide receiver Jaison Williams will be two of the three. :kick_can:

Last edited:
Remember the posters after the draft that looked at Williams' size at WR and said he was going to be a 'great find' for the Redskins? :)

I keep telling people they need to look beyond the measurables at the skill positions.

Wide receiver is perhaps the hardest position to project physical talent into NFL productivity.

We have seen world class sprinters and guys as big as Williams come into the league and fail miserably.

And then there have been the Ricky Proehl type players that spend 13 years in the NFL and help teams win Super Bowls with average speed and size.

I'm feeling like defensive end Derek Walker and wide receiver Jaison Williams will be two of the three. :kick_can:

!!!!

He's a witch!!!

Burn him!

He sees things that haven't happened yet!

:artist:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.