• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

Touchdown, Washington Redskins!

beamish

The 1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Military Branch
Army
http://icestream.bonnint.net:8000/dc/wtop/ask_the/032210_ask_frank_herzog.mp3.m3u

i wanted to share this with anyone who grew up with the call of Frank Herzog. today was his swan song at wtop. if you are like me, you associate his voice with championship glory: the 1978 World Champion Washington Bullets, the 1982 World Champion Washington Redskins, the 1987 World Champion Washington Redskins, the 1991 World Champion Washington Redskins. every single time i hear his call of riggo's super bowl run, my chest swells with pride.:notworthy:

click on the wtop link above to re-live some great memories.

I love Frank Herzog and miss his infamous "TOUCHDOWN, WASHINGTON REDSKINS"....

For my ringtone, I taped Herzog proclaiming, "Touchdown Washington Redskins!" It is immediately followed by Hail to the Redskins! Every time my phone rings I hear his voice! It is awesome!

Amid all the good wishes, the abrupt circumstances of Herzog's departure from the Redskins radio booth in 2004 were almost overlooked. Almost: WTOP political commentator Mark Plotkin brought up the subject at nearly the end of the hour. "The owner of the Washington Redskins should apologize and ask Frank Herzog back," ranted Plotkin. "No one can even remember the name of the guy who replaced him." (That would be Larry Michael.)

Herzog explained later that Redskins owner Daniel Snyder wasn't behind his firing; he was dumped by radio station WJFK-FM, which then held the rights to broadcast Redskins games.

"It was a money thing," Herzog said. "They wanted to use one of their employees, who had other responsibilities, so they could save one salary." As for Snyder: "He did all he could. I saw him later, and he looked me in the eye and shook my hand and said, 'I don't interfere with the decisions of other companies. It's their call to make.' "

On the other hand, he misses the Redskins. "If they were to ask me back, I'd think about it," he says. And after thinking about it, he adds, "Yeah, I'd go back."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wpdyn/content/article/2010/03/22/AR2010032202556.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.