• Welcome to BGO! We know you will have questions as you become familiar with the software. Please take a moment to read our New BGO User Guide which will give you a great start. If you have questions, post them in the Feedback and Tech Support Forum, or feel free to message any available Staff Member.

***2009-2010 Winter Weather Thread***

Johnny Punani

The Cheerleader
Reaction score
Military Branch
Air Force
Things are looking very interesting for the first weekend in Feb if you live in the Mid-Atlantic and possibly New England. Models are suggesting a possible MAJOR/HISTORIC event for this timeframe... :) :shocked:

You guys aren't trying to fool us again, are you? We were only supposed to get a "Covering to an inch" and got six!

Bring on the blizzard!

That is fine so long as leaves Tidewater area of VA alone. Got enough snow this past weekend for one year.

Just no snow this coming weekend. My son's school is hosting district wrestling tournament. His senior year and already missed enough matches due to weather.

Dammit I have to go to PA this weekend. Oh well, at least I have a jacked up Excursion to ride in. Better snow 3ft or more to give me some trouble.

I have been making money hand over fist with this snow. Bring it on!!! Snow removal is a good business right now!

I'll just go out and buy a snowblower. That'll ensure that it won't snow in this area again for 10 years:laugh:

Alright Weather Boy. You can't come in here blovating about a "Historic Event" and not give updates;)

Dammit I have to go to PA this weekend. Oh well, at least I have a jacked up Excursion to ride in. Better snow 3ft or more to give me some trouble.

Haha! I just noticed this, didn't you used to have a Saturn? Anyway, in the 2ft snowfall just before Christmas, I had to pull an Excursion out of a ditch!

Nope, only car you might have seen me talk about, which would have been on ES, was a turbo Civic, but that's been awhile now.

Yeah the Excursion did quite well in the snow for us. We had to pull a lot of people out of ditches and what not. One dudes car completely died and asked if we could tow him to his house that was "right up the road." It ended up being like 8-10 miles. Dude didn't even give us any money, just said thanks and walked inside. We were about to drag it back to the place he was sitting at.

This is it though:

4280131917_d37acf0664.jpg

Surprised you got the Excursion out, they're pretty heavy as you know. What do you have?

OK, some of these rumors are getting crazy. My mail lady just said that VDOT told them ot expect 40-60 inches out here in the valley

OK, some of these rumors are getting crazy. My mail lady just said that VDOT told them ot expect 40-60 inches out here in the valley

How much? Do they work for VDOT or local grocery store? Hopefully here in Hampton Roads we only get rain.

Nope, only car you might have seen me talk about, which would have been on ES, was a turbo Civic, but that's been awhile now.

Yeah the Excursion did quite well in the snow for us. We had to pull a lot of people out of ditches and what not. One dudes car completely died and asked if we could tow him to his house that was "right up the road." It ended up being like 8-10 miles. Dude didn't even give us any money, just said thanks and walked inside. We were about to drag it back to the place he was sitting at.

Surprised you got the Excursion out, they're pretty heavy as you know. What do you have?

That's a nice Excursion IB! This is my baby:

DSC_0011.jpg

Haha! I would have been tempted to drag that car back myself. I had to stop offering to get people out because I did not get any offers. I was pulling people out because I wanted to, but an offer would have shown some appreciation. After yanking about 4 or 5 people out of snow piles they got stuck in because they lacked to common sense not to take their 2 wheel drive car through said snow piles without even offering a little comensation, I refused to do it anymore. I told them money up front! I was tired of putting the wear on my truck for ungrateful people.

As for the Excursion, I drove up to him seeing he was stuck, saw a Cowgirls sticker in the back window, rolled down my window and yelled, "If you weren't a Cowgirls fan I would stop and help!" :bucktooth:

I got about 100 yards, felt kinda guilty and turned around. I have the tow rope in the back all the time anyway from years of off-road driving. So I went back and yanked him right out. Very little resistance. My truck is a strong puppy!

Not sure why I was thinking Saturn, I thought I had seen you discuss it on ES. It must have been the Civic. I was on ES a few years back under the username: bschurm.
Oh yeah, I made another nice little chunk of cash today so bring on 40 inches!

Last edited:
Nice looking Bronco. My son wants one or a short bed regular cab 4X4. Only problem is he has to sell dad on the idea.

I love the Broncos! I'd love to get a first generation. I am in love with the Excursion though. Can go anywhere in that thing and sit anywhere in it and be perfectly comfortable. It's a great vehicle. Plus it's the 7.3L turbo diesel so it gets a lot of miles highway wise :D!!!

People in Georgetown, side streets, didn't like it too much. Lady actually started yelling about "you shouldn't bring big ass trucks back here." Forgot to ask her how she felt about being smoked out.

Started snowing here about 0930. Coming down pretty good already

It's starting to come down here harder, but I'm sure this isn't the 'hard' of this system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Help Users
As we enjoy today's conversations, let's remember our dear friends 'Docsandy', Sandy Zier-Teitler, and 'Posse Lover', Michael Huffman, who would dearly love to be here with us today! We love and miss you guys ❤

You haven't joined any rooms.

You haven't joined any rooms.