A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx



Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 52
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default Likely Mass Voter Fraud In Philly To Be Ignored Completely

    http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012...-for-obama-in/

    Gee guys, I can hardly believe it.

    And you know damn well it isn't the only place this bs happened.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    Guess that voter ID stuff worked well.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSr619 View Post
    seems like the states that Romney won forced the voter ID law.
    The state this thread is about had voter ID.....
    In fact, it was one of the reasons listed for why Romney was supposed to win PA.

    Edit: whoops nvm. Looks like that was put on hold for this election. My bad.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    10-01-09
    Location
    Nesbit, MS
    Posts
    7,772
    Liked Posts
    3380 times
    Blog Entries
    123
    Virginia

    Default

    For many years, this area has known about the illegal Philly operations. It's just a way of life for them - that is why I posted the other day about taking Philly out of the equation and PA is a very red state.

    On election day, dem operatives forced republican monitors away from voting stations around Philly (PA requires both sides to present all day during an election) - some very physically so. It took about four hours for a PA court order from Harrisburg to get the monitors back to the stations, but the damage was done.

    I have no doubt that African-American totals for the president was more than 95% across the nation - but that is based on realistic turnouts. However, to have 90% turnouts (or more) in any precinct voting that day is not realistic. The norm in Philly has been (historically) 60% in presidential elections.

    It took many years to learn about how the Chicago vote went for Kennedy in a similar fashion back in 1960. Over a period of time, the world came to know that Joseph P. Kennedy bankrolled that operation. How many years will it take to learn of massive fraud in this election? Who do you think is at the core of this fraud?
    The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

  5. #5

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    BB do you really believe the fraud is more prevalent on one side than the other?

    I've read quite a few alarming observations about voter turnout in key demographics/areas from this past election. Please do not misunderstand me; I'm well aware that voter fraud is alive and well in the good old US of A.

    It just seems that a post like that suggests that you believe one side has much more involvement in the fraud than the other and it makes me curious.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    10-01-09
    Location
    Nesbit, MS
    Posts
    7,772
    Liked Posts
    3380 times
    Blog Entries
    123
    Virginia

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    BB do you really believe the fraud is more prevalent on one side than the other?
    Yes. Which party supported the ID laws and which one wanted to oppose such laws? Joseph P. would be proud.
    The simplicity in me is complicated.
    I live in my own little world, but that's ok. They know me here.
    Redskins Fan - Emeritus

  7. #7

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Burgundy Burner View Post
    Yes. Which party supported the ID laws and which one wanted to oppose such laws? Joseph P. would be proud.
    The Republicans support them and the democrats oppose them.

    Does this mean you think the majority of voter fraud is done by people walking into polling places and claiming they are someone they're not?

  8. #8
    Resident Caps Fan
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,532
    Liked Posts
    2071 times
    Blog Entries
    4
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    So, "suspicious" turnout in Philly (where Obama was expected to crush Romney anyway), bloated voter registration rolls in Ohio (that COULD lead to voter fraud, you guys) and a picture of some shredded paper in a closed garbage bag that some concerned citizen just HAPPENED to notice outside of a CVP office, THROUGH the garbage bag, and a photo of a pile of shredded paper.

    The right is really grasping at straws here.

  9. #9
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-16-09
    Location
    CTU
    Posts
    3,002
    Liked Posts
    62 times
    Air Force

    Default

    http://www.humanevents.com/2012/10/2...itted-in-ohio/


    Update: Human Events has learned that there is a Republican interpreter for Somali voters at the at the Morse Road early voter center and has modified the story.



    COLUMBUS, Ohio — Two volunteer poll workers at an Ohio voting station told Human Events that they observed van loads of Ohio residents born in Somalia — the state is home to the second-largest Somali population in the United States — being driven to the voting station and guided by Democratic interpreters on the voting process. No Republican interpreters were present, according to these volunteers.

    While it’s not unusual for get-out-the-vote groups to help voters get to the polls, the volunteers who talked to Human Events observed a number of troubling and questionable activities.

    A source, who wishes to remain anonymous, is a volunteer outside the Morse Road polling center. She has witnessed Somalis who cannot speak English come to the polling center. They are brought in groups, by van or bus. The Democrats hand them a slate card and say, “vote Brown all the way down.” Given that Sherrod Brown is the incumbent Democrat Senator in Ohio, one can assume that this is the reference.
    Formerly known as ...............Sarge

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    BB do you really believe the fraud is more prevalent on one side than the other?
    It's easy to make this observation. Growing up, CNN was all there was for 24 hour news. They constantly talked about it. It isn't made up by the right. And while we're all aware both sides cheat, until evidence starts coming out decade after decade of massive scale fraud by the right, it's safe to assume the sides aren't comparable in their level of cheating.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  11. #11
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    So, "suspicious" turnout in Philly (where Obama was expected to crush Romney anyway), bloated voter registration rolls in Ohio (that COULD lead to voter fraud, you guys) and a picture of some shredded paper in a closed garbage bag that some concerned citizen just HAPPENED to notice outside of a CVP office, THROUGH the garbage bag, and a photo of a pile of shredded paper.

    The right is really grasping at straws here.
    Grasping at straws huh? Look at the numbers Lanky. Those fraudulent Philly results gave the state to Obama. While winning Pennsylvania wouldn't matter after looking at the map, it's also a safe assumption this wasn't an isolated event. Are we really to believe that in an election with the lowest voter turnout in 12 years, major cities were showing record smashing turnout? Are all the cities showing more votes than registered voters grasping at straws? That's not COULD lead to fraud, that's DID lead to fraud.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  12. #12
    Resident Caps Fan
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,532
    Liked Posts
    2071 times
    Blog Entries
    4
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Alternatively, the cities (which are heavily Democrat, btw) DID have massive turnout to support Obama, and the suburbs/rural areas did not turn out to support their mediocre nominee. There's a reason Romney got 2M less votes than McCain did...

    Also, its not a safe assumption that this wasn't an isolated event, because we don't even know if it was an event. So, you're taking numbers that COULD suggest something, and extrapolating them to everywhere else. Aka, grasping at straws.

  13. #13

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    So, "suspicious" turnout in Philly (where Obama was expected to crush Romney anyway), bloated voter registration rolls in Ohio (that COULD lead to voter fraud, you guys) and a picture of some shredded paper in a closed garbage bag that some concerned citizen just HAPPENED to notice outside of a CVP office, THROUGH the garbage bag, and a photo of a pile of shredded paper.

    The right is really grasping at straws here.
    This is one of those arguments where I'll disagree with you and agree with the typical republican; when you look at voter turnout in some areas it is surprisingly high when compared to historical data for the same area.

    Now, it could completely be a combination of polarization among the people encouraging more people to vote and the democrats with their 'get out the vote' campaign - shuttling people to and from the polls. I'm not naive to that possibility.

    But I have a very firm belief that voter fraud exists and is a real problem, so when I see the numbers that are being pointed out for these areas I default towards suspicion

    Where I disagree with the republicans is that I don't think it's overwhelmingly one party - I think the republicans are just as involved in voter fraud as democrats are - and I also think it's a systemic problem with real organization behind it and not a problem with individuals walking into a polling place and claiming they are someone they're not. Unfortunately there hasn't been enough investigation and the nature of voting makes it hard to really track and investigate this; so there isn't a lot of data to make a firm argument either way.

    You are correct that it's all speculation and conjecture, very little concrete evidence (where there is concrete evidence it's normally small in scope, and you can't just apply a problem at one place to every polling center in the country)

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    Alternatively, the cities (which are heavily Democrat, btw) DID have massive turnout to support Obama, and the suburbs/rural areas did not turn out to support their mediocre nominee. There's a reason Romney got 2M less votes than McCain did...

    Also, its not a safe assumption that this wasn't an isolated event, because we don't even know if it was an event. So, you're taking numbers that COULD suggest something, and extrapolating them to everywhere else. Aka, grasping at straws.
    So you believe Obama had over 99% of the vote in multiple precincts? You believe he had over 97% in a lot of the rest of them? He received 40,000 votes less than last election, but his share of the vote skyrocketed to impossible levels? You don't hear yourself talking do you?
    Last edited by Nobody; 11-13-12 at 10:12 AM.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  15. #15
    Resident Caps Fan
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,532
    Liked Posts
    2071 times
    Blog Entries
    4
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    You are correct that it's all speculation and conjecture, very little concrete evidence (where there is concrete evidence it's normally small in scope, and you can't just apply a problem at one place to every polling center in the country)
    This is my only point - I'm not actually arguing that voter fraud exists or doesn't exist, only that it is speculation. I also believe, like you, that it exists on both sides; the Republicans go about it in different ways, however. Voter purges that unfairly target one demographic, for example.

  16. #16
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    This is my only point - I'm not actually arguing that voter fraud exists or doesn't exist, only that it is speculation. I also believe, like you, that it exists on both sides; the Republicans go about it in different ways, however. Voter purges that unfairly target one demographic, for example.
    Oh yes, how dare they go after illegal immigrants, unregistered voters, people registered multiple times, the dead, etc.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  17. #17
    Resident Caps Fan
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,532
    Liked Posts
    2071 times
    Blog Entries
    4
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    Oh yes, how dare they go after illegal immigrants, unregistered voters, people registered multiple times, the dead, etc.
    You are obviously unfamiliar with the tactics used in the 2000 election in Florida.

  18. #18
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    11-11-12
    Location
    Charlotte NC
    Posts
    2,288
    Liked Posts
    1104 times

    Default

    I think I'm a little confused. Wouldnt it be pretty easy to see if there was at least 1 Romney voter in Philly? Heck if just one or a few came forward and said they definitely voted for him and they checked their votes and if Obama was listed then there is fraud, if not , then no fraud. Whats the problem in vetting this?

  19. #19

    Join Date
    04-11-09
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Posts
    14,443
    Liked Posts
    11977 times
    Blog Entries
    90
    Marine Corps Virginia

    Default

    The day that Americans can no longer trust the electoral process is the beginning of the end of real freedom. EVERYONE should be concerned about voter fraud. It should be aggressively investigated in all instances and those found guilty of it should face jail terms.

    There are definitely some results in this recent election that raise eyebrows. Poo-pooing them away is irresponsible. There's probably no more sacred American tradition than the sanctity of the ballot box. We need to protect it with everything we've got. It's not a party issue, it's an American issue. Part of the problem with today's political system is that we've allowed a 'win at all costs' culture to grow. It's disgusting, and anyone who is an apologist for it isn't a real American in my estimation.

    People found to have purposefully altered ballots or election results should go to jail, for a long time. Period.
    You ain't bonafide

  20. #20
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanky Livingston View Post
    You are obviously unfamiliar with the tactics used in the 2000 election in Florida.
    No, I'm well aware that Al Gore tried to stomp his feet and cry his way into the White House, but the Supreme Court told him to piss off.

    I also remember on a seemingly daily basis that someone during the recount would "find" entire bags with thousands of Gore votes. Give me a break.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

 

 
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Romney On 47% - "I Was Completely Wrong."
    By Nobody in forum The Political Asylum
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 10-10-12, 07:11 PM
  2. Republican Voter Disenfranchisement Starts Early
    By Lanky Livingston in forum The Political Asylum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 09-07-12, 11:46 AM
  3. Holder: New Voter ID Laws are Poll Taxes
    By Lanky Livingston in forum The Political Asylum
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 07-26-12, 01:18 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-26-11, 07:35 PM
  5. Who should I report this fraud from Walmart to?
    By Nobody in forum The 5 O'Clock Club
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-02-11, 01:47 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •