A Burgundy and Gold Obsession
'Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.' - Groucho Marx



Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default Eric Holder Needs To Go Right Now (The Latest In A String Of Idiocy)

    http://www.thedailybeast.com/newswee...o-justice.html

    So there's a new scandal brewing for that piece of **** friend of Obama running the justice department Eric Holder. Big shocker, I know. This is the same guy that brought us fast and furious, which resulted in the murder of a United States Border Patrol agent, just in case any of you have been living under a rock

    Apparently, he has admitted in several ways that he is well aware that prosecution of criminals in the financial sector is at a 20 year low, and that he's not going after the people he and Obama said they would for our current meltdown. Why is this, you might ask yourself? Because he is friends with the attorneys that would be involved, and their clients - the biggest offenders, and who wants to face off in a federal case against their buddies? I mean, screw the country, those are my friends dog.

    This guy is a joke, and has put a permanent stain on the office. The worse this gets, the worse Obama looks too, because he refuses to get rid of the scumbag.

    To this day, I have not met a fan of Eric Holder. He has no supporters, because he is a worthless human being. He's not doing his job, and completely using his position of power illegally. The fact Obama keeps him on anyway, well to me, that just speaks volumes about Obama's character. Then again, with all the other people he's been associated with over the years and still is, I can't really say I'm surprised.

    But honestly, this son of a bitch needs to go to prison. Plain and simple.

    And the humor of Obama's new attack ads on Romney is not lost on me one bit. Kinda hard to paint the rich white man with the Swiss bank account as the devil, when you've spent 4 years in bed with big finance, and now refuse to prosecute the financial criminals who brought down this country.

    Mr. President, I guess you're just showing who's side you're really on. Actions really do speak louder than words, huh? Say no more.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  2. #2

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    I lost respect for holder over the black panther voter intimidation thing. The man is every bit of a racist as the KKK supporters were long before him.

    I think this speaks to how corrupted our government has become. The people who are supposed to police wall street were, up until recently, allowed to benefit financially for the information they had about the people they were in charge of regulating... and even though they've changed that, they can still sell the information they have - they just can't buy/sell stocks based on it.

    the only way we can hold people like holder, members of committee's in congress, etc accountable is to vote them and their friends out of office. unfortunately, as a country, we're so divided and busy fighting with each other over ideologies that we cant unite against this kind of crap.

    they've divided us and conquered us

  3. #3
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Very true, I only wish people would get their heads out of their asses and realize that instead of pointing the finger at the other party. They all need fingers pointed at them. The days of them representing us are long gone, they've gone to far into using us for their own gain that they can't turn back now.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  4. #4
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,326
    Liked Posts
    2935 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post

    the only way we can hold people like holder, members of committee's in congress, etc accountable is to vote them and their friends out of office.
    I happen to agree...but there's so much money being spread around especially to the 49% who pay no taxes or live off taxpayer funded handouts...as well as corporations who bankroll politicians for protected markets that changing the landscape doesn't seem to be a high probability outcome.

  5. #5
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    I happen to agree...but there's so much money being spread around especially to the 49% who pay no taxes or live off taxpayer funded handouts...as well as corporations who bankroll politicians for protected markets that changing the landscape doesn't seem to be a high probability outcome.
    You're right, and it's unfortunate that it's come to that too. People definitely don't have their priorities straight. I still wish they could legally require every voter to pass a basic knowledge test. It would certainly put better people in charge.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  6. #6
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,326
    Liked Posts
    2935 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    You're right, and it's unfortunate that it's come to that too. People definitely don't have their priorities straight. I still wish they could legally require every voter to pass a basic knowledge test. It would certainly put better people in charge.
    Ex...I drive to Norfolk every Friday from DC. There's always stretches where the traffic backs up for miles. couple weeks ago the backup was 6-7 mis. when I finally got to the chokepoint.....there was an accident all right. for traffic in the opposite direction...well across a sizable medium that separates traffic on that stretch of 95. idiots rubbernecking......holding up hundreds if not more for at least a half hr. the ability to focus on the essential - getting there - rather than the distractions seems to escape many Americans.

  7. #7
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    Ex...I drive to Norfolk every Friday from DC. There's always stretches where the traffic backs up for miles. couple weeks ago the backup was 6-7 mis. when I finally got to the chokepoint.....there was an accident all right. for traffic in the opposite direction...well across a sizable medium that separates traffic on that stretch of 95. idiots rubbernecking......holding up hundreds if not more for at least a half hr. the ability to focus on the essential - getting there - rather than the distractions seems to escape many Americans.
    You're absolutely right. People constantly talk about how our leaders have failed us, but it simply isn't true - we've failed ourselves.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  8. #8
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,326
    Liked Posts
    2935 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Extreme View Post
    You're absolutely right. People constantly talk about how our leaders have failed us, but it simply isn't true - we've failed ourselves.

    I won't go the full mile with you on this....but I'm definitely on the same path not too far behind you!

  9. #9

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    I happen to agree...but there's so much money being spread around especially to the 49% who pay no taxes or live off taxpayer funded handouts...as well as corporations who bankroll politicians for protected markets that changing the landscape doesn't seem to be a high probability outcome.
    Agreed.

    It's unfortunate that the process that was supposed to give us control, has turned into a process where we have no control.

    Every time a conversation starts to go this way, i am reminded of this:

    As the delegates left the building, a Mrs. Powel of Philadelphia asked Benjamin Franklin, “Well, Doctor, what have we got?”
    With no hesitation, Franklin replied, “A republic, if you can keep it."
    As you said, not worth going down the road. But I am on the same page as you.

  10. #10
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,326
    Liked Posts
    2935 times

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    Agreed.

    It's unfortunate that the process that was supposed to give us control, has turned into a process where we have no control.

    Every time a conversation starts to go this way, i am reminded of this:



    As you said, not worth going down the road. But I am on the same page as you.

    we agree then. I think our main difference (aside from how we prioritize things) is that I see the current impasse as founded, in part, on some fundamental issues that do have to be fought out....whereas my read on you is that you are more in favor of meeting in the middle - if that is what it takes - to move forward and get things done. I used to be in your camp....but no longer. not a reproach to you (or me!) more than just different stages (I imagine) in life and different temperments.

  11. #11
    Resident Caps Fan
    Join Date
    07-15-09
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    13,532
    Liked Posts
    2071 times
    Blog Entries
    4
    Florida Atlantic

    Default

    Holder should be in jail for Fast & Furious. Its an outrage that he's not.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    09-20-11
    Posts
    8,921
    Liked Posts
    3005 times
    Blog Entries
    1
    George Mason

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    we agree then. I think our main difference (aside from how we prioritize things) is that I see the current impasse as founded, in part, on some fundamental issues that do have to be fought out....whereas my read on you is that you are more in favor of meeting in the middle - if that is what it takes - to move forward and get things done. I used to be in your camp....but no longer. not a reproach to you (or me!) more than just different stages (I imagine) in life and different temperments.
    Yeah, I think that's a fair summation of our views and how they relate to each other.

    I think progress in general trumps individual wants/desires/morals/etc. I think the current two party system, the current media, and the format of society as forced us to be divided and conquered by the corporations and politicians.

    They get us all riled up over one issue while the important issues are being passed quietly. So while I have my own ideals, my own morals (many of which agree with yours, there's a reason I used to call myself a republican), I'm willing to put those aside and look at what's 'best for the country' (in my opinion).

    Right now i see two parties that refuse to work together to get things done that do the most good for us in general. I see two parties hurrying to claim their corner on every issue, regardless of how it conflicts with stances on other positions, just for the sake of saying 'we're against them on this issue!' and it's sickening to me. All desire for progress has been put on hold. It's now about each side trying to claim victory on every issue over the other side. It's petty and hurting us all so much its disgusting.

  13. #13
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    07-22-09
    Posts
    7,326
    Liked Posts
    2935 times

    Default

    don't want to pick a fight....but there are many of us who feel that "progress" is in the eye of the beholder.

  14. #14
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    04-01-11
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    4,738
    Liked Posts
    929 times
    Blog Entries
    3
    Army

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fansince62 View Post
    don't want to pick a fight....but there are many of us who feel that "progress" is in the eye of the beholder.
    I totally agree, especially when you consider most politicians who consider themselves progressive are moving the country in the wrong direction in the eyes of myself and millions of others.
    It's ok, I don't like you either.

  15. #15
    BGObsessed
    Join Date
    03-25-12
    Location
    My location
    Posts
    297
    Liked Posts
    118 times
    Baylor

    Default

    The media has let us down in regard to fast and furious. Just ask any Texas border town law enforcement officer. Oh yea it's Texas. Who cares about our state because we gave you the Bushes.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Chris Cooley, Washington Redskins record-holder
    By Lanky Livingston in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-13-11, 12:13 PM
  2. OG ERIC COOK
    By Om in forum Sons of Washington
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-10, 03:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •